National Park Lifetime Pass price increases on August 28th.
Our family loves visiting the National Parks whenever we can.
We especially love it when we visit with my mother, who is not only a lot of fun, but she also happens to hold one of these nifty National Park Lifetime Passes.
She purchased hers when she turned 62 for a mere $10. This lifetime senior pass allows not only the pass holder but their traveling companions free entry to the parks.
I do like the word free!
With a big family and an even bigger extended one, taking trips to the National Parks is an affordable way for the whole group to get together for adventure.
National Park Lifetime Pass Price Increase
While my mother was able to score hers for $10, if you wait until August 28th you will be looking at a hefty price increase. The passes will now cost $80 to purchase.
If you think about it, it’s still a great deal. But let’s be honest: $10 is a better one!
The National Park Lifetime Senior Passes can be purchased at any federal recreation site, including national parks, that charges an entrance fee.
Proof of age and residency is required. Here is the list where you can purchase your pass.
Passes can also be purchased online or through the mail from USGS- and have some patience with the process. As I’m sure you can understand, demand has been high!
About the National Park Lifetime Pass
- For U.S. citizens or permanent residents age 62 or over.
- May be obtained in person at a federal recreation site or through the mail using the application form.
- Provides entrance or access to pass owner and accompanying passengers in a single, private, non-commercial vehicle at Federal operated recreation sites across the country.
- Photo identification may be required to verify ownership.
- Passes are NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-TRANSFERABLE, and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
- The cost of obtaining a Senior Pass through the mail is twenty dollars ($20). Ten ($10) for the Senior Pass and ten ($10) for processing the application. Applicants must provide documentation of age and residency or citizenship. If you cannot order a Senior pass online, you can submit a Paper Application by mail to the USGS using the paper application and enclosing the same documents and $20 fee
- May provide a 50 percent discount on some amenity fees charged for facilities and services such as camping, swimming, boat launch, and specialized interpretive services
- Generally, does NOT cover or reduce special recreation permit fees or fees charged by concessioners.